NASCAR All-Star Race and All-Star Open
Date: May 21, 2023
Event: NASCAR All-Star Race and All-Star Open (non-points events)
Series: NASCAR Cup Series
Location: North Wilkesboro (N.C.) Speedway (.625-mile oval)
NASCAR All-Star Race: 200 laps, with a competition break at or around lap 100 (125 miles)
● Race Winner: Kyle Larson of Hendrick Motorsports (Chevrolet)
Note: The NASCAR All-Star Race was comprised of drivers who won a points-paying race in 2022 or 2023, fulltime drivers who have previously won the All-Star Race, fulltime drivers who have won a NASCAR Cup Series championship, and drivers who advanced from the All-Star Open.
All-Star Open: 100 laps, with a competition break at or around lap 40 (62.5 miles)
● Race Winner: Josh Berry of Hendrick Motorsports (Chevrolet)
● Second Place: Ty Gibbs of Joe Gibbs Racing (Toyota)
● Fan Vote Winner: Noah Gragson of Legacy Motor Club (Chevrolet)
Note:The All-Star Open was the undercard event to the NASCAR All-Star Race, where non-qualified drivers attempted to race their way into the All-Star Race by winning the Open, finishing second in the Open, or by winning the fan vote.
SHR Finish in All-Star Open:
● Aric Almirola (Started 9th, Finished 3rd / Running, completed 100 of 100 laps)
The NASCAR Cup Series returns to points-paying racing on Sunday, May 28 with the Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte (N.C.) Motor Speedway. The race gets underway at 6 p.m. EDT with live coverage provided by FOX and SiriusXM NASCAR Radio.