Hollywood Casino 400
Date: Sept. 10, 2023
Event: Hollywood Casino 400 (Round 28 of 36)
Series: NASCAR Cup Series
Location: Kansas Speedway in Kansas City (1.5-mile oval)
Format: 267 laps, broken into three stages (80 laps/85 laps/102 laps)|
Note: Race extended one lap past its scheduled 267-lap distance due to a green-white-checkered finish.
Race Winner: Tyler Reddick of 23XI Racing (Toyota)
Stage 1 Winner: Kyle Larson of Hendrick Motorsports (Chevrolet)
Stage 2 Winner: Brad Keselowski of RFK Racing (Ford)
SHR Race Finish:
● Aric Almirola (Started 25th, Finished 17th / Running, completed 268 of 268 laps)
● Aric Almirola (23rd with 491 points)
● This was Almirola’s third straight finish of 17th or better. He finished third Aug. 26 at Daytona (Fla.) International Speedway and 14th last Sunday at Darlington (S.C.) Raceway.
● Almirola led once for three laps to increase his laps-led total at Kansas to 75. This was Briscoe’s second straight top-20. He finished 15th at Darlington.
● Tyler Reddick won the Hollywood Casino 400 to score his fifth career NASCAR Cup Series victory, his second of the season and his first at Kansas. His margin over second-place Denny Hamlin was .327 of a second.
● There were nine caution periods for a total of 45 laps.
● Twenty-four of the 36 drivers in the race finished on the lead lap.
“The car was a handful today. Battled a really tight Ford Mustang all day and just couldn’t turn the corners. For a while I could race really well on a restart for about three laps and then it just built extremely tight. The pit crew got us some track position again this weekend, but we couldn’t keep up with it on the long runs. We knew what we had coming in today and improved a lot on it. Excited to go to Bristol. We brought a really fast car there last year.” – Aric Almirola, driver of the No. 10 Smithfield/Whataburger Ford Mustang
The next event on the NASCAR Cup Series schedule is the Bass Pro Shops Night Race on Saturday, Sept. 16 at Bristol (Tenn.) Motor Speedway. The third race in the 10-race NASCAR Playoffs starts at 7:30 p.m. EDT with live coverage provided by USA and SiriusXM NASCAR Radio.