Dixie Vodka 400
Date: Oct. 23, 2022
Event: Dixie Vodka 400 (Round 34 of 36)
Series: NASCAR Cup Series
Location: Homestead-Miami Speedway (1.5-mile oval)
Format: 267 laps, broken into three stages (80 laps/85 laps/102 laps)
Race Winner: Kyle Larson of Hendrick Motorsports (Chevrolet)
Stage 1 Winner: Kyle Larson of Hendrick Motorsports (Chevrolet)
Stage 2 Winner: Kyle Larson of Hendrick Motorsports (Chevrolet)
SHR Race Finish:
● Aric Almirola (Started 28th, Finished 21st / Running, completed 267 of 267 laps)
● Aric Almirola (19th with 720 points)
Playoff Standings (with one race to go before Championship 4):
1. Joey Logano (4,106 points) 1 win
2. Ross Chastain (4,101 points) +19
3. Chase Elliott (4,093 points) +11
4. William Byron (4,087 points) +5
5. Denny Hamlin (4,082 points) -5
6. Ryan Blaney (4,069 points) -18
7. Christopher Bell (4,054 points) -33
8. Chase Briscoe (4,043 points) -44
● Kyle Larson won the Dixie Vodka 400 to score his 19th career NASCAR Cup Series victory, his third of the season and his first at Homestead. His margin over second-place Ross Chastain was 1.261 seconds.
● There were five caution periods for a total of 30 laps.
● Twenty-three of the 36 drivers in the Dixie Vodka 400 finished on the lead lap.
The next event on the NASCAR Cup Series schedule is the Xfinity 500 on Sunday, Oct. 30 at Martinsville (Va.) Speedway. It is the penultimate race of the 10-race NASCAR Playoffs and the final race in the Round of 8. The Xfinity 500 starts at 2 p.m. EDT with live coverage provided by NBC and SiriusXM NASCAR Radio.