Date: May 14, 2023
Event: Goodyear 400 (Round 13 of 36)
Series: NASCAR Cup Series
Location: Darlington (S.C.) Raceway (1.366-mile oval)
Format: 293 laps, broken into three stages (90 laps/95 laps/108 laps)
Note: Race extended two laps past its scheduled 293-lap distance due to a green-white-checkered finish.
Race Winner: William Byron of Hendrick Motorsports (Chevrolet)
Stage 1 Winner: Martin Truex Jr., of Joe Gibbs Racing (Toyota)
Stage 2 Winner: Ross Chastain of Trackhouse Racing (Chevrolet)
SHR Race Finish:
● Aric Almirola (Started 17th, Finished 21st / Running, completed 295 of 295 laps)
● Aric Almirola (26th with 221 points, 208 out of first)
● William Byron won the Goodyear 400 to score his seventh career NASCAR Cup Series victory, his third of the season and his first at Darlington. His margin over Harvick was .781 of a second.
● There were eight caution periods for a total of 47 laps.
● Twenty-two of the 36 drivers in the race finished on the lead lap.
● Ross Chastain remains the championship leader after Darlington with a 27-point advantage over second-place Christopher Bell.
The next event on the NASCAR Cup Series schedule is the non-points NASCAR All-Star Race on Sunday, May 21 at North Wilkesboro (N.C.) Speedway. The race starts at 8 p.m. EDT with live coverage provided by FS1 and SiriusXM NASCAR Radio beginning at 5:30 p.m. with the undercard NASCAR All-Star Open.