EchoPark Automotive Grand Prix
Date: March 26, 2023
Event: EchoPark Automotive Grand Prix (Round 6 of 36)
Series: NASCAR Cup Series
Location: Circuit of the Americas (COTA) in Austin, Texas (3.426-mile, 20-turn road course)
Format: 68 laps, broken into three stages (15 laps/15 laps/38 laps)
Note: Race extended seven laps past its scheduled 68-lap distance due to a green-white-checkered finish.
Race Winner: Tyler Reddick of 23XI Racing (Toyota)
Stage 1 Winner: William Byron of Hendrick Motorsports (Chevrolet)
Stage 2 Winner: Tyler Reddick of 23XI Racing (Toyota)
SHR Race Finish:
● Aric Almirola (Started 39th, Finished 30th / Running, completed 74 of 75 laps)
● Aric Almirola (28th with 70 points, 141 out of first)
● Harvick finished fourth in Stage 2 to earn seven bonus points.
● Briscoe finished ninth in Stage 2 to earn two bonus points.
● Preece finished 10th in Stage 1 to earn a bonus point.
● Tyler Reddick won the EchoPark Automotive Grand Prix to score his fourth career NASCAR Cup Series victory, his first of the season and his first at COTA. His margin over second-place Kyle Busch was 1.411 seconds.
● There were eight caution periods for a total of 17 laps.
● All but 10 of the 39 drivers in the race finished on the lead lap.
● Ross Chastain leaves COTA as the championship leader with a 19-point advantage over second-place Busch.
The next event on the NASCAR Cup Series schedule is the Richmond 400 on Sunday, April 2 at Richmond (Va.) Raceway. The race begins at 3:30 p.m. EDT with live coverage provided by FS1 and SiriusXM NASCAR Radio.