Busch Light Clash at the Coliseum
Date: Feb. 6, 2022
Event: Busch Light Clash at the Coliseum (non-points race)
Series: NASCAR Cup Series
Location: Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum (quarter-mile, asphalt oval)
Format: 150-lap Feature with a 23-car field set by Heats and Last Chance Qualifier (LCQ)
Event Winner: Joey Logano of Team Penske (Ford)
Aric Almirola, driver of the No. 10 Farmer John Ford Mustang
● Qualified 21st to start sixth in Heat No. 1.
● Finished eighth in Heat to start seventh in LCQ.
● Finished ninth in LCQ due to an accident, completing four of 50 laps. (Only the top-three in LCQ advanced to Feature.)
“It was a bigger hit than I expected with as slow as we were going here. The 38 (Todd Gilliland) just destroyed us. We had a decent start and we were moving forward and the 38 just drove in there a mile and tore us up.”
● Joey Logano won the Busch Light Clash by .877 of a second over runner-up Kyle Busch.
● Fourteen of the 23 drivers in the race finished on the lead lap.
● This was the first-ever stock car race to be held inside the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum.
The official start of the 2022 NASCAR Cup Series season begins with Daytona Speedweek Feb. 15-20 at Daytona (Fla.) International Speedway. Daytona 500 qualifying takes place at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, Feb. 16 with live coverage on FS1 and SiriusXM NASCAR Radio. Only the top-two positions will be locked into the 64th Daytona 500. The rest of the field will earn their respective starting positions in the Bluegreen Vacations Duel – twin 150-mile heat races that set the rest of the Daytona 500 field. The Duel gets underway at 7 p.m. on Thursday, Feb. 17 with live coverage on FS1 and SiriusXM NASCAR Radio. Daytona Speedweek then culminates with the Daytona 500 at 2:30 p.m. on Feb. 20 with live coverage provided by FOX and SiriusXM NASCAR Radio.