Busch Pole Qualifying for the 63rd Daytona 500
Date: Feb. 10, 2021
Event: Busch Pole qualifying for the 63rd Daytona 500
Series: NASCAR Cup Series
Location: Daytona (Fla.) International Speedway (2.5-mile oval)
Format: One-lap, single-car qualifying – sets front row for the Daytona 500
Pole Winner: Alex Bowman of Hendrick Motorsports (47.056 seconds at 191.261 mph)
Outside Pole: William Byron of Hendrick Motorsports (47.314 seconds at 190.219 mph)
● Aric Almirola (3rd, 47.324 seconds at 190.178 mph)
● Kevin Harvick (6th, 47.489 seconds at 189.518 mph)
● Chase Briscoe (22nd, 47.956 seconds at 187.672 mph)
● Cole Custer (25th, 48.060 seconds at 187.266 mph)
● Only the front row is locked into the Daytona 500. The remainder of 40-car field will be set by the results of Thursday night’s Bluegreen Vacations Duel.
● Almirola will start 2nd in Duel No. 1.
● Harvick will start 3rd in Duel No. 2.
● Briscoe will start 11th in Duel No. 2.
● Custer will start 13th in Duel No. 1.
The Bluegreen Vacations Duel – twin 150-mile heat races that set the rest of the Daytona 500 field – takes place at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday with live coverage on FS1. The 63rd running of the Daytona 500 gets underway at 2:30 p.m. on Sunday with live coverage provided by FOX.